Nina

Nina
Nina

Diego

Diego
Diego

Friday, November 18, 2011

New Skills

This morning I started feeding small treats from my hands to the puppies, in preparation for our next trip out of doors. With seven of them, it'll be a lot like herding cats if I don't have some tools to convince them that I'm worth following. So, I give them bits of food every time they come to find me, call them as a group (they're actually getting pretty good at that) and reward them for finding me. If I keep doing this while they're rampaging in the puppy room, they should be much easier to manage outside.




Orange and Yellow are the greediest and caught on the quickest, followed by Black and Purple. The other three were off doing their thing a lot of the time, so I didn't get as many repetitions in with them as I needed.




I'll likely pair all of this with a clicker shortly, but the mechanics of it all were sort of eluding me at 6:30 this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment