Nina

Nina
Nina

Diego

Diego
Diego

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Days and Days

Seems like days and days since I last posted....huge changes in the puppies. They are all getting teeth (poor Nina!), and they are even more stinking cute tonight than they were when we got home from Victoria on Wednesday. They are very, very interactive, playing with each other, climbing all over Darryl and I and snuggling. There's been a lot of barking and growling, and a few of them have picked up the soft toys that I put in the pen today. Tonight they met 9 month old Morley, who has been fascinated by them since she first became aware of the puppies.

I set up the new pen configuration this morning, so they have a sleeping and potty area as well as a play area. I also gave them a bunch of new things in the pen this afternoon. There is bubblewrap just outside the sleeping area doorway to give them a new surface to walk on. They have a tunnel, pool noodle, some soft toys and a Rubbermaid lid. As well, I installed the official p0tty area, and there have been a few successes so far. They're still more "miss" than "hit", but we know that will change shortly.
They're all drinking out of the water bowl and they've all tasted Nina's ground chicken, which seems to be a hit, but I'm not allowing them to have a lot of it, just a little taste. I'll introduce more solid food next weekend. Awake lasts about 20 minutes, followed by about 2 hours of sleep. Nina is spending more and more time outside, coming in every 2-3 hours to feed the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment